We are a nation of decisive homebuyers.
We are quick to fall in love with a home and act fast to buy it, a survey by My Home Move, the UK’s leading provider of conveyancing services, has found.
More than three in five (61%) homeowners surveyed were able to buy the home they originally fell in love with.
A quarter (25%) were lucky enough for this to be the first home they viewed, highlighting importance of making a good first impression.
Make it easy for your potential buyers to imagine themselves living there. Do all those small jobs, all those 'reasons to say no' which could deter them and watch as buyers fall head over heels for a home that they can make their own.
Here's a checklist that you can use to impress your buyers and make that decision easier and quicker to ensure you get highest from the best buyers;
- Check windows open and close properly (also give your home a good airing)
- Check doors for squeaks and ease of opening
- Replace missing / broken tiles in kitchen and bathroom
- Have the roof checked for any missing tiles/potential problems
- Check guttering and have it cleaned out (especially in Autumn & Winter)
- Fix missing broken spindles on your staircase
- Complete architrave & skirting
- Finish that painting you have been putting off
- Check out cracks in plasterwork/walls, anything that is okay, fill and paint
- Hoover and clean all floors
Got a question? Call us on 020 8432 2800.
Until next time.
All the best,
Lyttons Estate Agents