How buyers enter your property and subsequently every room in your house is indicative as to what is behind each and every door. The front door especially, sets the tone for the rest of the viewing.
Allow your home to make a positive statement in the mind of the buyer from the get go by making a great first impression as they walk up to your front door.
Something as simple as;
- a fresh coat of paint
- fix/replace any broken window panes
- clean the UVPC to brighten it up
- ensure the handles are fixed on properly and can be easily opened
- the door open/closes correctly and without squeaking
- door knockers / door bells are functioning (otherwise how will you know they are there?!
- letterboxes should be clean and fixed corrently
Especially if you have the benefit of a porch, you add a few easy to maintain pot plants or hanging baskets, if you are short on space to liven things up and add a bit of colour.
- Should all have functioning door handles on them
- Be unobstructed in their full opening and closing
- Swing freely ie. not stopped by carpets
- Look fresh! be it paint or a fresh layer of varnish or polish
- Ideally all internal doors should match, as if they were part of a set
Got a question? Why not call us on 020 8432 2800?
LYTTONS ESTATE AGENTS