A statistical bulletin from the ONS was today released comprising the House Price Index for June 2015.
The below summary along with further information can be viewed on their website; http://www.ons.gov.uk/ons/rel/hpi/house-price-index/june-2015/stb-june-2015.html?
- UK house prices increased by 5.7% in the year to June 2015, up from 5.6% in the year to May 2015.
- House price annual inflation was 6.1% in England, 0.8% in Wales, 9.0% in Northern Ireland and -0.6% in Scotland.
- Annual house price increases in England were driven by an annual increase in the East (9.2%) and the South East (7.7%).
- Excluding London and the South East, UK house prices increased by 5.2% in the 12 months to June 2015.
- On a seasonally adjusted basis, average house prices increased by 0.4% between May and June 2015.
- In June 2015, prices paid by first-time buyers were 5.1% higher on average than in June 2014. For owner-occupiers (existing owners), prices increased by 6.0% for the same period.